B. Khadem-Hosseinieh, Y. Komijani , R. Faraji, M. Shahabadi, Using Photon Wave Function for the Time Domain Analysis of Electromagnetic Wave Scattering Problems , PIER 76, 397-412 (2007) .
- We learnt from Iwo Bialynicki-Birula that the Electric and Magnetic fields can be combined into a complex field in order to cast the Maxwell equations in the form of Schrodinger equations with a source term. Bahar and I realized that we can use this representation to accelerate time-domain analytis of wave scattering.
- We also managed to apply this formalism together with Lippman-Schwinger equation to develop a Born-approximation scattering of photons from a photonic crystals. Regrettably, we never got a chance to publish this and it is burried in my masters thesis.
TCP performance over Wireless links
Y. Komijani , A. Hooshmand, A New Modified Split-Connection Approach for Improving TCP Performance Over Wireless Networks, unpublished (2004) .
- It is a known problem with the TCP protocol that a lossy wireless link can bring down the throghput of a peer-to-peer connection way below its nominal bandwidth.
- Arash and I found a way to play with the acknowledgement signals sent frm the Base station to source to considerable improve the performace as we showed with ns simulations.
- Unfortunately, the paper is written awefully and after one rejection from the conference, we did not bother to submit again.