My name is Almaz Butaev and I am a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Department of Mathematical Science, University of Cincinnati. I received my PhD from Concordia University (Montréal) under the supervision of Professor Galia Dafni. Before coming to UC, I was a postdoc at University of Calgary, where my advisor was Professor Alex Brudnyi. Here is my curriculum vitae (as of August 2022).
My research interests are harmonic analysis, function spaces, Whitney problems and analysis on metric measure spaces.
- Butaev, A., Dafni, G. Approximation and Extension of Functions of Vanishing Mean Oscillation. J Geom Anal 31, 6892–6921 (2021).
- Brudnyi, A., Butaev A. On geometric preduals of jet spaces on closed subsets of Rn. C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Soc. R. Can. 42 (2020), no. 1, 10-20
- Butaev, A. On the stability of solutions for a family of parabolic equations with time delay on Rn. Complex Anal. Synerg. 5 (2019), no. 1, 9 pages
- Butaev, A. On some refinements of the embedding of critical Sobolev spaces into BMO. Pacific J. Math. 298 (2019), no. 1, 1-26
- Ashurov, R. Butaev, A. On some class of nonseparable continuous wavelet transforms. Appl. Anal. 91 (2012) no. 12, 2257–2265
- Butaev, A. On multiple Fourier integrals of piecewise smooth functions with discontinuities of the second kind. Appl. Math. Lett. 25 (2012), no. 3, 567–570
- Ashurov, R. Butaev, A. Pradhan, B. On generalized localization of Fourier inversion associated with an elliptic operator for distributions. Abstr. Appl. Anal. (2012) ID 649848 13 pages
- Ashurov, R. Butaev, A. On continuous wavelet transforms of distributions. Appl. Math. Lett. 24 (2011) no. 9, 1578–1583
- Ashurov, R. Butaev, A. The Kahane theorem for nonspherical partial sums of Fourier integrals. C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Paris 348 (2010), no. 19-20, 1103–1106
- Ashurov, R. Butaev, A. On the Pinsky phenomenon. J. Fourier Anal. Appl. 16 (2010), no. 5, 804–812.
- Ashurov, R. Butaev, A. On generalized localization of Fourier inversion for distributions. Topics in functional analysis and algebra, 33–50, Contemp. Math., 672, Amer. Math. Soc., 2016.
Manuscripts submitted for publication:
- Butaev, A., Dafni, G., Local vanishing mean oscillation
- Butaev, A., Dafni, G., Locally uniform domains and extension of bmo functions.
- Brudnyi, A., Butaev, A. Traces of Lipschitz spaces on a Riemannian manifold
- Butaev, A., Liang, L., Shanmugalingam, N., Dirichlet form on metric measure spaces and graph approximations.
Spring 2023: Math 1061: Calculus I
Fall 2022: Math 1008: Foundations of quantitative reasoning.
Summer 2022: Math 2073 Ordinary Differential Equations
Spring 2022: MATH 1044 - Applied Calculus I and MATH 1044 - Applied Calculus II
Fall 2021: MATH 1026 - Pre-Calculus and MATH 1044 - Applied Calculus I
Conferences, Seminars and Talks
Here you can find some links to some talks, seminars and conferences
My office at UC is 5428D, French Hall.
To contact, please, send me an email at butaevaz"AT"ucmail.uc.edu (e.g. by pressing the ✉ button on the right)